Columbia, South Carolina – South Carolina authorities say a Colorado man is facing felony charges after an investigation into files described as child se*ual abuse material led investigators from a national cyber tip to a suspect who had previously lived in the state.
Attorney General Alan Wilson announced that Kevin Anthony Guillen, 34, of Winter Park, Colorado, was arrested on May 14, 2026, on four charges tied to the alleged se*ual exploitation of minors. The arrest was made by Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force investigators with the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office.
Read also: South Carolina joins multistate brief backing North Dakota gender procedure ban for minors
The case began after investigators received a CyberTipline report from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. According to investigators, that report pointed them toward Guillen and allegations that he distributed files containing child se*ual abuse material.
Authorities said Guillen was living in South Carolina when the alleged distribution happened and when the CyberTipline report was received. By the time investigators executed a search warrant, however, he had moved to Colorado. The investigation involved several agencies, including investigators with the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office, which is also part of the state’s Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, along with the Grand County Sheriff’s Office in Colorado.
Guillen is charged with four counts of se*ual exploitation of a minor, second degree, under South Carolina law §16-15-405. Each count is a felony offense and carries a possible sentence of up to 10 years in prison.
The Attorney General’s Office will prosecute the case.
Read also: Myrtle Beach mosquito spraying season begins across city neighborhoods
Officials said the arrest reflects the continued work of the ICAC Task Force, which investigates cases involving the online exploitation of children and works with local, state, and national partners when cases cross state lines. In this case, investigators in South Carolina and Colorado worked together after the suspect had relocated.
Attorney General Wilson also stressed that the charges remain allegations at this stage. As with all criminal cases, Guillen is presumed innocent unless and until he is proven guilty in a court of law.