Florida – Todd Blanche, Trump’s personal attorney who helped him in numerous court cases like those in Florida and New York, stepped into one of the most politically charged debates in American public life on Sunday.
Now Acting U.S. Attorney General, Blanche confirmed that federal officials are still reviewing claims tied to the 2020 presidential election while stopping short of promising that the inquiry will ever produce a clear final answer.

The remarks, made during an appearance on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures,” placed new attention on the Trump administration’s continuing interest in the election that President Donald Trump has long claimed was stolen from him.
Blanche, who previously served as Trump’s criminal defense attorney, told host Maria Bartiromo that investigators are looking at matters connected to Georgia and Florida, but he also acknowledged that the outcome remains uncertain.
“There’s a ton of evidence” that the 2020 race was rigged against Trump, Blanche said, according to reports on the interview.

But when pressed on whether the public would eventually receive a firm conclusion about whether the election was actually stolen, his answer was far more careful.
“I’m not going to promise there’s going to be a definitive answer,” Blanche told Bartiromo. “That wouldn’t be fair to you or anybody else, but we are looking at it, and we’re hoping to get one.”
That statement landed at the center of a familiar conflict. For years, Trump and his allies have argued that the 2020 election was unfairly taken from him.

At the same time, court challenges, recounts, official reviews and investigative reporting have not produced credible evidence proving that the election was rigged or that Trump was the rightful winner.
Still, Blanche suggested that the administration is not finished digging through old claims. He said the work requires traditional law enforcement methods, prosecutors and patience, while leaving open the possibility that the result could be charges, a report or simply the findings of an investigation.
“It takes a lot of work to uncover what happened in 2020,” he said.
“It takes a lot of old, good-old-fashioned law enforcement, police work, which is what we’re doing, and we have great prosecutors working on it as well, and I assure the American people that as soon as we have something to say for it — whether it’s charges, whether it’s a report, whether it’s the results of an investigation — the American people will learn about what we uncovered.”
The comments come nearly six years after the 2020 election, which Joe Biden won.
Read also: “Complete and total embarrassment” Chuck Schumer’s deranged meltdown over Trump-Xi Summit backfires
Trump’s campaign and supporters challenged the outcome in several battleground states after the vote, but those efforts failed to overturn the result. Judges, election officials and state-level reviews did not validate Trump’s central claim that widespread fraud changed the winner.
Even so, the issue has continued to shape national politics.
Under Trump, officials loyal to the president have pressed forward with unusual inquiries into old election disputes and into people or institutions that challenged him.
The renewed focus has drawn scrutiny from election experts, legal analysts and critics who see the investigations as politically driven rather than evidence-led.
Georgia remains one of the most sensitive places in that story.
The state was narrowly won by Biden in 2020 and became a central target of Trump’s post-election pressure campaign. Earlier this year, the FBI raided an elections office in Georgia after a referral from Kurt Olsen, an election denier who worked with Trump’s campaign during efforts to challenge the 2020 results as part of the “Stop the Steal” movement.
The warrant tied to that search reportedly did not provide new proof of fraud. It also noted that “many allegations” had already been “disproven.”
That detail sharpened questions about why federal investigators were revisiting claims that had already been examined in other settings.
Election law expert David Becker, director of the Center for Election Innovation & Research, criticized the Georgia raid at the time.
“After more than five years, dozens of court cases, and over a year in total control of the federal government, this is all they’ve got?” Becker told The Independent.
Florida has also been pulled into the wider picture.
Former Trump lawyer Joseph diGenova was selected to lead a broad federal investigation involving the president’s political rivals, reportedly built around the idea that actions dating back to 2016 formed a “grand conspiracy” by Democratic officials to keep Republicans out of power.
Read also: “Dems must confront their own problem”: Sen. Fetterman rages on Dems as top PA judge dumps Democrats
Meanwhile, the FBI has seized election records in Arizona, adding another state to the expanding list of places where federal authorities have revisited questions connected to Trump’s claims about the 2020 race.
Blanche’s Sunday remarks did not offer new public evidence.
Instead, they showed the careful balance now being struck by top Trump officials: publicly validating the president’s long-running suspicions while admitting that investigators may not be able to prove them in a definitive way.
That gap is what makes the moment so significant. Blanche spoke with confidence about the existence of evidence, but with caution about where that evidence might lead. His words promised movement, but not resolution. They suggested a search for answers, while also conceding that the answer Trump’s supporters want may never arrive.
For now, the administration says the investigations will continue. What they produce, charges, a report, or no clear conclusion at all, remains uncertain.
But Blanche’s interview made one thing plain: the political fight over 2020 is not staying in the past. It is being carried forward, state by state, into the present.