Senior meal distribution planned for March 3
Florence County senior community members experiencing health issues and/or limitations should call to register for an emergency senior meal relief food box prior to March 3.
The drive-thru meal distribution will be at the following locations and times:
• March 3, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Leatherman Senior Center, 600 Senior Way, Florence. To apply, contact Brittany Aleo at (843) 648-2118 or Jesseca Bonnoitt at (843) 648-2139.
• March 3, 9:30 a.m. to noon - Lake City Senior Center, 198 N. Acline Dr., Lake City. To apply, contact Fannie Kennedy at (843) 394-2432 , Ext. 702. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following requirements:
• 60 years or older;
• Live in Florence County;
• Experiencing health issues and/or limitations;
• Not a current SCA client/group dining participant;
• Did not receive a box in January.
In 2019, SCA delivered 83,912 meals to home bound senior clients and 14,469 to nutrition site participants. The Senior Citizens Association in Florence County (SCA) is a private, non-profit 501 (c) (3) community-based organization.
SCA relies on grants, donations, contributions, membership fees and assistance from volunteers to provide services and assistance to Florence County Senior Citizens.
To donate to the Meals on Wheels Florence or to the SCA Emergency Senior Meal Relief Program, visit www.seniorcitizensassociation/donate or you can mail in a donation.