Peanut Butter Blossoms
William Mingus III Advertising Consultant The News Journal
Over twenty years ago my mom, Darlene, and her friend Vicky started a tradition of baking together, making treats to share with friends and family during the holidays. So many delicious and wonderful treats including sugar cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, butterscotch haystacks, and my favorite, peanut butter blossoms. I wanted to share the recipe with you this Christmas season. I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla Hershey’s Kisses (unwrapped)
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
• Sift flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk and set aside.
• Beat butter and peanut butter, then add sugar and beat until fluffy.
• Add egg and vanilla.
• Add flour mixture and combine.
• Roll dough into 1 to 1-1/2 inch balls and then roll the balls in sugar to coat. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
• Bake for 8-10 minutes
• Remove from the oven and press an unwrapped Hershey’s Kisses into the center of each cookie.
• Transfer to a wire rack to cool.