The Florence Fire Department would like to help residents be safe during Halloween by sharing a few fire safety tips with residents:
• Choose a costume without long trailing fabric. This can cause a child to trip or may touch flames in jack-o’-lanterns or other decorations.
• If you make your own costume, use materials that won’t catch on fire easily if they come in contact with heat or flame.
• Give your children flashlights or glow sticks so they can see where they are walking.
• Keep decorations away from candles, light bulbs or heaters.
• Consider using flameless candles or glow sticks in your jack-o’-lantern.
• Keep exits clear of decorations.