F1S transition team announced
State Superintendent of Education Molly Spearman has announced the appointment of a transition committee to guide and make recommendations concerning the consolidation of Florence School District Four into Florence One Schools.
Spearman notified Florence Four staff, students, families, and community members in early March of the decision to consolidate the districts effective July 1.
“As we plan for the future education of the students in Timmonsville it is imperative that we put forth ideas and recommendations that put their interests first,” said Spearman. “This committee is composed of community advocates and experts who will be charged with putting forth recommendations and addressing concerns that will ensure a smooth transition and ultimately lead to the best outcome.”
The transition committee is represented by two members of Florence Four and two from Florence One.
The members are:
• Tonya Addison - District administrator, Florence School District Four;
• Gloria Bracey - Parent Liaison, Florence School District Four;
• Trisha Caulder - Vice Chairperson, Florence One Schools Board of Trustees
• Kimberly Mack – S.C. Department of Education Director of Office of School Transformation;
• Thomas McFadden - Timmonsville Chief of Police and Timmonsville High School Football Coach
• Porter Stewart - Chairman, Florence One Schools Board of Trustees.
Staff members from Florence School District Four, Florence One Schools, and the S.C. Department of Education will participate in transition committee meetings and play an active role in assisting the committee.
The transition committee will hold regular public meetings, accept public input, and make recommendations to Superintendent Spearman, the Florence One Schools Board of Trustees, and the Florence One superintendent concerning the merger of the two school districts.
Additional members may be appointed to the committee as needed.