Endowment grant accepting applications
The St. Luke Lutheran Church Endowment Fund is accepting grant applications for 2021 through the end of December. The Endowment Committee will review requests through the end of the first quarter of 2021. Notifications of grant recipients and totals will be made available in April.
To be approved, a grant should be for a program or project that meets the required criteria and exemplifies creative expressions of St. Luke Lutheran Church’s mission.
The purpose of the St. Luke Endowment Fund is to further the ministry of St. Luke Lutheran Church by focusing on community outreach through ministry, education and philanthropy outlined below:
- Ministry - The church’s community outreach through ministry focuses primarily on ministering to social needs in the Pee Dee area. The social needs should be substantiated through documentation.
- Education - The education grants should focus on providing Christian education programs throughout the Pee Dee area.
- Philanthropy - Grants that focus on supporting and nurturing the missions of St. Luke Lutheran Church as well as other charitable organizations.
The endowment generally does not support the following:
- Loans or cash grants to individuals;
- Requests to settle debts of individuals or organizations;
- Endowments/government/political programs;
- Recurring budget items of St. Luke Lutheran Church.
Each request for a grant must be submitted to the Endowment Fund Committee using an application form that can be downloaded from the St. Luke’s website at www.stlukeflorence.org/ endowment, or by contacting the church office at (843) 662-4622. The website includes guidelines for the grant application.