Pepsi Carolina Classic comes to Florence Center
The Pepsi Carolina Classic will be held at the Florence Center. The teams that will be competing are Carvers Bay High School, Darlington High School, Hartsville High School, Hemingway High School, Marion High School, South Florence High School, West Florence High School, and Wilson High School.
The coaches of each team are as follows: Coach Jeff Mezzatesta of Carvers Bay High School, Coach Anthony Heilbronn of Darlington High School, Coach Yusuf English of Hartsville High School, Coach Emmanuel DeWalt of Hemingway High School, Coach Andre Weathers of Marion High School, Coach John Schweitz of South Florence High School, Coach Daryl Jarvis of West Florence High School, and Coach Derrick McQueen of Wilson High School.
The line up for the event is as follows:
Thursday, December 27
1. Hartsville vs. South Florence at 2:30 p.m.
2. Darlington vs. Marion at 4:15 p.m.
3. Carvers Bay vs. Hemingway at 6 p.m.
4. West Florence vs. Wilson at 7:45 p.m.
Friday, December 28
5. Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2 at 2:30 p.m.
6. Loser Game 3 vs. Loser Game 4 at 4:15 p.m.
7. Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2 at 6 p.m.
8. Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4 at 7:45 p.m.
Saturday, December 29
9. Loser Game 5 vs. Loser Game 6 at 2:30 p.m.
10. Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6 at 4:15 p.m. (consolation winner)
11. Loser Game 7 vs. Loser Game 8 at 6 p.m. (3rd place game)
12. Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8 at 7:45 p.m. (Championship game)
Note: first team listed for each game is the home team