ST ANTHONY SCHOOL – Students are lined outside the school building (located behind St. Anthony Catholic Church facing S. Irby Street) for the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag in this early 1960s photo. Photo courtesy of David C. Hewitt of F
THE MASONIC TEMPLE is pictured in the 1908 postcard. It is located at the corner of Evans and Irby Streets, across from the Old U.S. Post Office, and last housed the Art Trail Gallery after Bo Smith Furniture. In the 1950s and 60s, Woolworth’s Five and Te
THE UNITED STATE POST OFFICE AND FEDERAL BUILDING before the addition of the North wing. Located at the corner of Evans and Irby Streets, the building was completed in 1906 and this photo was taken around that time. After a new main post office and new fe
McLEOD SCHOOL OF NURSING ADVISORY BOARD. From left Molly Price, the Rev. Curtis Derrick, Phyllis G. Madden, Dr. Walter Mead, chairman, Kenneth Gallier and Dr. Julian Price. Photo from 1960 School of Nursing Yearbook, courtesy of Belinda Bonnoitt.
FLORENCE COUNTY COURTHOUSE before it was demolished in 1973. Brick wall and steps is the right front patio of the newly constructed Florence City-County Complex. The old courthouse was torn down to make way for the parking lot for the new complex. The p
JUNIOR, SENIOR DANCE at Wilson High School in 1962. From left are Maurice Austin, Edward Anderson, Monya Reese, Henry Thomas, Alphonsa Davis, and Patricia Timmons. The dance theme was ‘Fantasy of the Sea.’ Photo from the 1962 Wilsonian Yearbook.