Dancing For Our Future Stars participants meet their dance partners at pairings party
A pairings party was held on Jan. 11 at St. John’s Church for the dancers to meet their partner and to formally announce the dance couples for the 2018 Dancing For Our Future Stars.
The participants are:
• Ken Baker (WMBF News) and Mary Grace Colburn
• Dr. Lisa Bishara (McLeod Health) and Joseph Steen
• Louie Callahan (Burch Oxner Seale Co., CPAs) and Alexis McDonald
• Ron Glancy (Raines Hospitality) and Tiffany Welsh
• David Hall (First Reliance Bank) and Meghan Burgess
• Dr. Ramzy Hourany (Carolinas Hospital System) and Julia Thompson
• Jammie McDonald (First Citizens Bank) and Cole Davis
• Joey McMillan (Coldwell Banker McMillan and Associates) and Katelyn Rodgers
• Dr. Calvin Robinson (Trinity Baptist Church) and Fallon Frierson
• Chris Rogers (Carver Elementary School) and Morgan Truitt
• Robbie Timms (BB&T) and Meggie Baker
• Les Ward (Pepsi of Florence, LLC/ Pee Dee Food Service) and Mallory Baxley
On Thursday, March 22, local celebrities and their professional dance partners will square-off at SiMT for a chance to win the coveted mirror ball trophy at the 8th annual dancing competition. The reception will begin at 6 p.m. and the competition at 7 p.m. Guests will enjoy food, beverages, fellowship, and an opportunity to win a custom designed jewelry piece donated by Lisa and Lex Matthews of Southern Jewelry Design.
After Feb.1, fans can vote online for their favorite couple(s) at DancingForOurFutureStarsOfFlorence.com for only $10 per vote. The “People’s Choice” mirror ball trophies will be awarded to the three couples raising the most votes. A panel of judges will name one couple “Technical Skills Winner” based on the contestants’ overall skills. One couple will also be chosen as “Most Entertaining” by the judges. Dancers receiving the largest number of online votes will be awarded the “Social Stars” trophy.
The School Foundation’s board member Ed Love and local celebrity Audra Coble will serve as master and mistress of ceremonies. The 2017 celebrities will perform the opening act and the KFA Fierce team will provide special entertainment throughout the evening.
About The School Foundation
Founded in 2000, The School Foundation promotes educational excellence in Florence, SC School District 1 through grants for innovative learning and through high impact initiatives designed to prepare all students for success. To learn more about The School Foundation, visit their website at www.theschoolfoundation.org. To date, the foundation has provided over $1,355,377 in grants to FSD1 educators and is currently leading a school readiness awareness campaign focusing on preparing all children to enter kindergarten with the skills needed to succeed. The foundation also launched Start2Read, a program that distributes age appropriate books and reading tips in local businesses.